New Seller Policy
With the turn of 2017, we would like to thank you for your continued belief in Lazada, and the support you have given us throughout the year. As we continue to invest in our marketplace, you can look forward to more initiatives that will help grow your online business in the longer-term.
Starting February 1, a New Seller Policy will be launched with the following updates:
- Introduction of Seller Rewards
- Revisions to Order Volume Limit (OVL) and Pending Order Limit (POL)
- Removal of financial penalties and updates in types of Lazada policy breaches
These enhancements are part of our continuous efforts to empower your business on our platform.
What is Seller Rewards?
Seller Rewards is a simple yet powerful framework that is introduced to reward you for your stellar performance and highlight areas to improve. Centered on Seller Rating, it indicates your performance as rated by customers after each order is delivered.
Sellers with high positive ratings (more than 70%) will enjoy privileged access to certain rewards that will help to boost your business growth and increase traffic to your shop. Sellers with low positive ratings (less than 30%) will not be eligible to access these rewards.
The Seller Rewards available include:
- Visibility of products in search and while browsing
- Access to shipping and price subsidies
- Access to campaigns
- Access to preferred sellers’ programs
How is your Seller Ratingdetermined?
Displayed on a scale of 1% to 100%, Seller Rating is the percentage of positive ratings provided by verified customers. Sellers with ratings above 70% indicate a good performance whilst ratings below 30% indicate a performance that needs improvement.
It has been observed that sellers with good product quality and content, fast and reliable fulfilment and top-notch customer service, have better seller ratings. Please see table below to track your performance on these areas.
Revisions to OVL and POL
- For sellers with more than 10% of cancellations and have more than 10 orders weekly, an OVL of 50% of the daily average order volume will be applied.
- POL will also be removed from February 1 onwards
Lazada policy breaches
Sellers will no longer be financially penalized for policy breaches. However, Lazada reserves the right to take necessary action, which might include shop deactivation, when sellers breach Lazada policies. Lazada policy breaches include but are not limited to:
- Listing of counterfeit and intellectual property infringed products, prohibited items, and duplicates
- Misappropriation (eg. Buying your own products at discount, reselling goods purchased on Lazada)
- Listing of sensitive products against specifications
- Products which do not comply with local law (eg. Labelling requirements, specifications)
- Unauthorized access to Seller Center
- Using non-Lazada approved 3PL providers
We believe these enhancements are necessary to help you take better control of your business growth and boost your sales. As our valued sellers, you can look forward to a stronger ecosystem, and more initiatives that will drive traffic to your shops.
 Seller Rating provides your customers with useful information about your shop to help them make an informed purchase decision. It is derived from ratings provided by verified customers who have purchased from you and calculated only when you receive at least three ratings.
 Verified Purchases are customers who have purchased a product from Lazada and left a review.
 Response time is currently displayed. Response rate will replace it from mid-February onwards