What are mandatory attributes?
1) What are mandatory attributes? How to identify them?
- Mandatory attributes are category specific attributes that a seller must fill in while,
- Creating a new SKU
- Clicking into the ‘Edit Details’ link for an SKU in SC
- Mandatory attributes can be - free text, free value, single option, multiple option
- In the SKU details page, mandatory attributes appear with an ‘*’ sign beside them
2) How do mandatory attributes change SC behavior? For 1 by 1 new SKU / updates?
- When you try to save an SKU in the ‘Edit Details’ screen without filling in a mandatory attribute, SC will:
- Not allow you to save the SKU
- Highlight the unfilled mandatory attributes in red and display the following message
- Stock and Price Change
- Stock and price changes are permitted for SKUs for existing SKUs which do not have mandatory attributes filled in as long as they are made in the main Manage Products screen
3) How do mandatory attributes change SC behavior? For csv SKU / updates?
- For updates to EXISTING SKUs
- If the attribute is mentioned as a header in the CSV file, it cannot have an empty value. If you try to upload an empty value, you will see the following error for that particular SKU (the rest of the SKUs will be updated)
Field WashingCapacity (for Seller SKU: BWF5712A) with value '' has a problem: WashingCapacity cannot be empty
Where WashingCapcity is the mandatory attributes
- However, if is not mentioned in the file and is empty for an SKU, the SKU will still be updated with the values in the CSV file. This means that the sellers can use the Price and Stock update CSV to update existing assortment without issues.
- For NEW SKUs
- If you try to create a new SKU, even if the mandatory fields are not there in the header, you still get an error message prompting you to fill in these values, as per below.
Field Capacity with value '' has a problem: Capacity cannot be empty
- For new SKUs bulk upload, the sellers should be encouraged to use the PIF from
Product Import -> Product creation by category
The PIF is an Excel file that helps sellers bulk upload SKUs. The mandatory attributes will be highlighted in orange in the PIF.